[workshop agenda and Mural template] Program Wrap up activities
Please find below a sequence of activities for a wrap up session for a program of work. It was successfully used for a 2 hour session for 10 participants. The workshop was great for sharing what the group went through, for self-reflection and recognition (thank you moment). On this post, I also share the sequence of activities as well as a Mural template I used for facilitating it.
This is the wrap up session of the first iteration of the ABC program. Let`s have a moment to have fun, celebrate and reflect about the program.
2. Prime directive
I copied/pasted the team building prime directive and added one final sentence to it, about everyone departing.
Team Building Prime Directive: ‘Cooperation is the act of working with others and acting together to accomplish a job. Team is a partnership of unique people who bring out the very best in each other, and who know that even though they are wonderful as individuals, they are even better together. Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. We depart as better individuals than when we arrived.’
3. Empathy snap
Remote empathy snap instructions:
- Write your name on a post-it around the clock.
- What was your best moment during this program? Please write it down (on a paper or your local editor – do not share it yet).
- Choose someone to start – person A.
- Everyone will try to guess the best moment for person A. Moving clockwise, the next person tries guessing the best moment for person A. If she gets it right, do a virtual SNAP, and she gets a star. If not, the next person tries guessing, until it reaches person A again; in that case person A revels her best moment, no one gets a star.
- Go to the next person – person B, C… — , until everyone is covered.
Below is a sample result for this activity.
1. Please take a moment, reflect and then write it down (use the color themes)
- Future directions: Please write down your future directions
- Lessons learned: Please write down your key lessons and takeaways
- Accomplishments: Please write down your key accomplishments
- Thank you: Please write down your ´thank you´ notes
2. Going clockwise, Ask one participant for two notes.
3. Then the next one until all notes are covered
This is similar to the FLAP activity, but I changed from Problem area to Thank you.
5. Letters to the future
Letters to the future instructions:
- Please write a short letter to your future self, saying whatever you want.
- Optionally you can read your letter out loud
- Consider keeping them for the future.
Copied from FunRetrospectives.com
I used FunRetrospectives.com for selecting activities and thinking about the agenda. I used Mural as the visual collaboration tool.
Please find below the mural template for these activities’ combination.
Final retro – empathy – FLAT – letters to the future Template by MURAL
Open to create a mural from this template in your workspace. Powered by MURAL